This simple 20-minute vegan pizza recipe at home includes vegetables, mushrooms, Kalamata olives simple sauce, no soy, no seeds with parm, and vegan Pizza dough. When done baking, serve with vegan Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Please refer to and apply as:
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
Ingredients Veggie Vegan Pizza
No Knead Crust:
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup (156.25 g) flour unbleached white or a combination of white and whole wheat
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried oregano or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder optional
- Red Pizza sauce of choice
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced red onion
- thinly sliced white mushrooms
- sliced zucchini or other sliced veggies of choice
- sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
- vegan parmesan
- Or use any of my other homemade cheeses like cheddar, feta, etc
- pepper flakes
Instructions Veggie Vegan Pizza
- In a bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, herbs and garlic, and olive oil and mix in. Add another 3 tbsp flour and mix in. Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough. Add another tbsp flour if needed. Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Add a 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands. Gather the dough into a ball and place it on a parchment-lined sheet.
- Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14-inch size oval. Spread it depending on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center (see video). Let it sit for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F / 220ºc.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the crust. Distribute the sliced veggies, mushrooms, and olives evenly.
- Mix chopped garlic with a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and oregano. Sprinkle over the pizza.
- Sprinkle salt over the veggies. Sprinkle meltable vegan cheese on the veggies if using at this point.
- Bake the pizza for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden on the edges. Sprinkle vegan parm of choice, chopped fresh basil, and pepper flakes. Slice and serve!
Notes Veggie Vegan Pizza
- Other variations: Chop the mushrooms and mix them with the garlic and olive oil and use. Add some coarsely crushed fennel seeds to the mushroom mixture.
Saute the veggies + other sliced seasonal veggies for a few minutes with salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano, then add as toppings.
- Crust Tips: The crust will thicken considerably when baked. If it comes out thick and bread-like, it was most likely kept too thick during shaping. Keep spreading the crust using your hands or a rolling pin to make a thin large pizza. You will get a hang of the thickness you prefer after baking it a couple of times.
Nutritional values based on 1 of 2 serving, does not include additional vegan cheese or toppings.