This Vegan Thai Pizza is super easy to put together & a crowd-pleaser. Peanut butter sauce, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and Sprouts. Gluten-free Crust Recipe. Makes a 9 or 10-inch pan pizza
- Prep Time20 mins
- Cook Time25 mins
- Total Time45 mins
- Calories: 440kcal
For the pizza
- 1/2 recipe (0.5 recipe) Peanut butter sauce add more water to make a thinner sauce, use less sweet
- sauce as it will thicken and get sweeter on baking
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red onion sliced
- 1/2 (0.5 ) bell pepper sliced green or red
- 1/2 cup (64 g) Sliced carrots
- sliced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- Mung Bean Sprouts home sprouted or store-bought or other sprouts
- vegan cheese shreds of choice optional
- salt pepper, lemon juice, cilantro, and scallions for garnish
- For the Gluten-free Crust or use any of my regular crusts
- Make the crust: Instructions below for the gluten-free crust
- In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients for the crust and keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar and let it sit until frothy. about 5 minutes. Add the flax seed meal and mix in. Let it sit for a minute.
- Add the dry to the wet. Add in the yogurt and oil and mix well. Let the sticky dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Using flour or oil on your hands shape the dough into a flat ball. Place the ball on a parchment-lined pie pan.
Spray water or oil, press with your hands, and shape the dough to fit the pan with at least a 1/2-inch edge going up the sides. You can also use flour and roll the dough out between parchment sheets and then place it in the pie pan.
- Even out the edges and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place. I usually put it near the oven when the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Place another parchment on top of the pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Prep the veggies and peanut butter sauce.
- Uncover and remove the pie pan from the oven. Pour the peanut sauce on the crust. Reserve a tablespoon or two sauces for garnish before serving. Layer the onions, bell peppers, crushed peanuts, carrots, and jalapenos.
- Layer the sprouts, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and vegan cheese shreds. Spray water on the crust edges.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes to brown the edges.
- Take the pizza out, Let it sit for 2 minutes before removing it from the parchment.
- Drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce. Garnish with pepper flakes, cilantro, and scallions.
Slice and serve.
For any regular crust. Shape the dough into the pizza crust. Spread the sauce, layer veggies, and cheese, and bake for 15 to 16 minutes. Broil for a minute to brown if needed. Slice and serve.
Nutritional values based on one of four servings
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/vegan-thai-pizza-gluten-free-crust/