With these easy Vegan Pizza Bites, you get all of the delicious flavors of pizza in bite-size form. These pizza snack balls are grain-free and gluten-free, made with almond flour and sun-dried tomatoes. Makes 10-14 balls
- Prep Time10 mins
- Cook Time12 mins
- Total Time22 mins
- Calories: 61kcal
Ingredients Vegan Pizza Bites
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato, dry packed, not packed in olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2-3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, see note for oil-free
- Add the sundried tomato and almond flour to a food processor and process until the sundried tomatoes are a coarse meal.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse a few times to combine.
- The mixture should now be like well-moistened crumbs that should hold together when you press them. If not add a bit more olive oil. If too crumbly (if using almond meal) you might need to add a tsp or so regular flour. **
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and press and roll into balls. Place the balls on a parchment baking sheet and bake at 300F(150 c) for 12 minutes.
- After baking, let them cool completely and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Oil-free: omit oil, and use a flax egg for binding. 1 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp water.
You can skip the crushed red pepper if you can’t tolerate spice or make these for little ones.
- I used a small food processor as the volume of ingredients is just right for it. If you only have a big food processor, you can double the number of ingredients to allow for easy processing.
- Instead of the basil and oregano listed, you can use 1.5 tsp Italian herbs/Italian seasoning.
- ** sun-dried tomato sometimes can be too dry and the mixture might not bind well. Add a flax egg and flour if needed
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/vegan-pizza-snack-bites/