We enjoy pizza night at our house. Instead of ordering pizza from a restaurant, my kids beg me to make homemade pizza. It’s so simple with this simple homemade pizza dough! I usually have it in the oven and ready to go before the delivery guy arrives! And I agree with my children that it tastes SO much better.
A homemade pizza is only as good as its toppings, no matter how quick and easy this recipe is! One of my all-time favorite dishes is chicken alfredo. For good reason, it’s a classic: it’s savory and creamy! Using homemade alfredo sauce is essential for the best flavor. Simply layer on juicy chicken breast, red onion for crunch, shredded mozzarella, and all the bacon! (See below for more topping suggestions!) Everyone in your family will love this simple but delicious chicken alfredo pizza. It’s simply too good to pass up.
Ingredients Chicken Alfredo Pizza
This includes all of the toppings, as well as your homemade dough and sauce! This homemade chicken alfredo pizza uses a lot of pantry staples, making it an even better dinner option! It’s quick and simple, and you can make your pizza with whatever ingredients you have on hand! Please keep in mind that all measurements can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Warm Water: Helps the dough become malleable and activates the yeast.
- Sugar: Both sugar and salt keep your pizza crust from tasting bland.
- Yeast: I used instant dry yeast for the dough!
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great here. Whole wheat is great too! You can find my full recipe for whole-wheat pizza dough here.
- Salt: Enhances the overall flavor of the crust.
- Cornmeal: Used for dusting so the dough doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Olive Oil: This is for brushing on the crust. It adds a little extra moisture and gives it the perfect sheen!
- Butter: Adds a delicious creaminess and rich flavor to the alfredo sauce!
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This is what makes the sauce so thick and indulgent. You can also use half-and-half or whole milk as a substitute.
- Garlic: Minced garlic will give your sauce the best savory flavor, but garlic powder works great too!
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add both for a boost of flavor!
- Italian Seasoning: I put Italian seasoning in everything, it’s just so good! You can use premade seasoning or make your own batch using my tried and true recipe here. Making your own seasoning blends is the best because you can adjust the flavor to your liking!
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: This is the key to the creamy, cheesy sauce with the best flavor!
- Flour: Adjusts the consistency of the alfredo sauce.
- Chicken: You’ll want this to be cooked and shredded so you can add it evenly on top of your chicken alfredo pizza. Shredding rotisserie chicken is an easy way to have this on hand, ready to go!
- Bacon: I like using precooked bacon for easy prep!
- Sliced Red Onion: Adds the best crunch and pop of sharp, savory flavor!
- Mozzarella Cheese: No pizza is complete without some melty mozzarella! Use freshly-grated mozzarella if possible. It has much better flavor and melts more easily than what’s available prepackaged at the store.
How to Make Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizza
It’s super simple, and your guests will be impressed by that delicious homemade crust! In 30 minutes, you’ll have a hot and tasty chicken alfredo pizza ready to go—about the same time it takes to make a frozen pizza or order delivery! (Homemade pizza simply tastes better.)
- Preheat Oven, Prep Pan: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray or dust with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce: To make the alfredo sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Whisk in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Allow simmering while making the dough. If you would like a thicker consistency, add one tablespoon of flour.
- Proof Dough: In a stand mixer using the dough hook, add warm water, yeast, and sugar. Allow the yeast to proof for 5 minutes.
- Shape and Rest: Add the flour and salt and mix until the dough forms into a ball and is smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll Dough: Roll the dough out into a large circle about 10-12 inches depending on how thick you want your pizza. (For a thinner crust, divide the dough in half and make two pizzas.) Press the dough from the center out to the edges making the crust thicker. Transfer to your pizza pan.
- Add Sauce and Toppings: Spread the alfredo sauce on top of the crust. Top with about half of the cheese and sprinkle on desired toppings. Top with the rest of the cheese. Brush the outer edges of the crust lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake and Enjoy: Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Whether you want to make your pizza keto-friendly or add some additional toppings, I’ve got you covered!
- Swap Crust: To make your chicken alfredo pizza low-carb, try swapping the regular crust for this keto crust or zucchini crust!
- More Toppings: A few more delicious toppings to try are spinach, chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, and mushrooms.
- More Sauces: For a chicken bacon ranch-style pizza, try adding a drizzle of ranch dressing on top of your cooked pizza for a pop of extra flavor!
- Add Spice: If you’re looking to add some heat, try sprinkling your chicken alfredo pizza with red pepper flakes!
How Long Does Chicken Alfredo Pizza Last?
Don’t let the leftovers of your tasty homemade pizza go to waste! They’re great for storing and making a quick and tasty lunch!
In the Refrigerator: You can either wrap your entire pizza or individual slices in plastic wrap. Leftovers can also be stored in an airtight container. Your chicken alfredo pizza will stay good for 2-3 days.
To Reheat: Pop a slice of pizza in the microwave for 30-second intervals or reheat your entire pizza in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Reference articles: https://therecipecritic.com/chicken-alfredo-pizza/