This Vegan savory Pizza Oatmeal Bake combines filling oatmeal with classic savory Italian flavors to create a crowd-pleasing breakfast bake that is packed with nutritious ingredients like rolled oats, chia seeds, and vegetables. A great brunch or even lunch option for the whole family! Gluten-free, nut-free option.
- Prep Time15 mins
- Cook Time35 mins
- Total Time50 mins
- Calories: 121kcal
Ingredients Savory Pizza Oatmeal Bake Vegan
- 1 cup (81 g) old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or use more oats to keep it nut-free
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (59.15 g) finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- 1/4 cup (37.25 g) chopped bell pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegan mozzarella shredded optional
- 1/4 cup (6 g) chopped fresh basil or use 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions keep the green part for garnish
- 1 cup (250 ml) broth or water or use 1/3 cup marinara and 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari for Glutenfree
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil optional
- sliced tomato for topping
- vegan Parmesan or vegan mozzarella for topping
- green onion or chopped basil for topping
Instructions Savory Pizza Oatmeal Bake Vegan
- Grease an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch baking dish or line it with parchment.
- Add all the dry ingredients, the oats, almond flour, baking powder, chia seeds, salt, spices, herbs, and sun-dried tomato, and mix well.
- Then add in the peppers, basil, and green onion and mix well.
- Then add in the wet ingredients and mix until all the oats are hydrated. Then even it out with a spatula.
- Top the oats with some vegan parmesan or vegan mozzarella then add a layer of tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 c) for 30-35 minutes. Check the center if it’s not too soft and sticky, that means it’s done.
- Take the dish out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes garnish with some green onion or fresh basil, then slice.
- Let it sit for another 5 -10 minutes to cool so that it’s easy to take it out of the pan. Even if the slices are not very well-formed, it’s still going to be super tasty.
- You want to serve it like a breakfast bake. You can serve it as is or serve it with a side of chopped tomato or some marinara sauce if you like.
- These oats will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
- You can change up the flavors and add in some pizza toppings like sliced mushrooms, olives, and whatever else that you like.
- add in 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seeds for a sausage-like flavor
- Change the baking time accordingly depending on the volume of the added vegetables. It might take another 5-10 minutes for the oats to bake.
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/savory-pizza-oatmeal-bake-vegan/