Easy Potato Pesto Pizza with Thin Crust. Basil Spinach Pesto makes for a refreshing Pizza base topping with thin potato slices, onion, and garlic. Bake or make on the grill. Vegan Soy-free Recipe.
- Prep Time10 mins
- Cook Time35 mins
- Total Time45 mins
- Calories: 266kcal
- 1 cup (24 g) well-packed Basil
- 1 cup (30 g) loosely packed spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cashews or other nuts such as walnuts pine nuts
- water as needed
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 recipe 20 Minute Pizza Crust with half Spelt flour and half unbleached white/all-purpose
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes Yukon or other thinly Sliced
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red onion thinly sliced or use leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the pesto. Blend everything with 1-2 tbsp of water until the nuts are coarsely blended and the basil is well blended. Alternatively, pulse the nuts in a small blender or processor until a coarse meal, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend or process until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg F / 220ºc. Prep your pizza dough. I use half Whole grain Spelt and half unbleached white flour for the pizza dough. Let the dough rest near the warming oven for 10 mins.
- Divide into 2 balls and roll them out into 2 medium size thin crust pizzas or 1 large thin crust.
- Spread the prepared pesto over the crust.
- Slice the potatoes using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Layer over the pesto.
- Layer sliced onion and garlic, Spray or brush extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle salt and generous freshly ground pepper. Add some veggie crumbles, vegan coconut bacon, or other crisp toppings (optional)
- Bake at 425 degrees F / 220ºc for 17 to 18 mins. Add some crisp greens on top (optional). Cool for a minute. Slice and serve.
- To make this nut-free: Use pepitas instead of cashews.
- To make this Gluten-free: Use my Gluten-free Yeast Free Crust.
- To make it on a Grill: Shape the pizza and place it on a hot grill. Close the lid, and cook for 2 mins. Flip then spread the pesto and sliced steamed/lightly cooked potato, onion and garlic, and the rest of the toppings. Close and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Cooking time depends on the grill and crust thickness.
- Nutritional values based on one serving
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/potato-pesto-pizza/