Easy Gluten-free Yeast-free Vegan Pizza Crust Recipe. How to make the best yeast-free gluten-free crust with just 4 main ingredients. Gum-free Soy-free Recipe
- Prep Time15 mins
- Cook Time35 mins
- Total Time50 mins
- Calories: 406kcal
- 1 cup (120 g) chickpea flour of white garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbsp chia seed meal
- 2 Tbsp brown rice flour or white rice flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour or use more chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (188 ml) + 2 Tbsp water
- Marinara or other pizza sauce
- spinach or chopped basil
- tofu thyme basil ricotta use less thyme and add some basil, or use vegan cheese or choice
- Roast the chickpea flour in a large skillet over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir once every minute for the first 2 minutes. Then every 20 seconds. Cool and transfer to a bowl. Roasted flour gives a better flavor profile. You can skip the roasting and use the chickpea flour as is in the batter..
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the chickpea flour bowl and whisk well.
- Add lemon juice to 3/4 cup water and add to the bowl. Add oil and mix or whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsps more water and mix in to make a thick batter. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- If the batter is too thick/stiff, add 1 to 2 tsp more water and mix in. Drop the thick batter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray water on the batter. Use a large spoon or spatula to spread it into a circle. Spray water on the batter to avoid sticking to the spatula while spreading.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with sauce, veggies, and cheese of choice.
- Bake again for 12 to 14 minutes. Broil for a minute to a crisp or melt the cheese if needed.
- Cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
If using besan (gram flour), you will need less water to make a thick batter. chickpea flour will hold the thickness better than besan. Besan will make a thinner crust.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/gluten-free-yeast-free-vegan-pizza-crust-recipe/