Ethiopian Berbere Chickpea Pizza with Tahini Garlic Dressing. Amazingly flavorful pizza. Dress with tahini dressing, vegan ranch, or other creamy dressing. Vegan Soy-free Nut-free Recipe. Gluten-free Crust option… Makes 1 large pizza
- Prep Time20 mins
- Cook Time20 mins
- Total Time40 mins
- Calories: 438kcal
Berbere spice blend:
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground coriander
- 1 to 1.5 tsp paprika I use a combination of sweet and smoky
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) fenugreek seed powder or ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 tsp cardamom
- a generous pinch of clove powder ginger powder, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne
- 1 recipe Easy Pizza Crust
- Or Any of my Glutenfree Crust
- 15 oz (425.24 g) can Chickpeas washed and drained or about 1.5 cups cooked
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) 1/2 tsp salt depending on if the chickpeas were salted
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onion
- 1 recipe Tahini garlic dressing
- Or my Tahini dill sauce
- cilantro or parsley
- Mix the berbere spice mix really well. Preferably also add 1/8 tsp ground ajwain(carom seeds) and ground kalonji (nigella seeds). I know lots of spices :).
- Drain the chickpeas and transfer them to a bowl. Add to the bowl, all of the berbere spice blend or 1 to 1.5 tbsp pre-made blend. You can also use 1 to 1.5 tbsp pre-made shawarma blend or garam masala
- Add garlic, onion, salt, and olive oil to the chickpeas and toss well to coat. set aside. Make the tahini sauce, and thin it out to your preference.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc. Shape the pizza crust. Spread the crust to about 14-inch size to make a thin crust large pizza. Brush with olive oil. Place sliced tomatoes on top. Add the spiced chickpeas in a single layer. (You can also add some greens or pepper as toppings).
- Place sliced onions on top. Drizzle some of the tahini garlic sauce. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Drizzle some more tahini sauce, slice, and serve. You can also use vegan ranch, vegan mozzarella (add before baking) or other creamy dressing, or just lemon juice to dress.
You can easily make this baked on a large tortilla for a tortilla pizza or roll it up into a wrap. Cook the spiced chickpeas on a stovetop or bake until crisp and use with veggies, lettuce, and tahini dressing.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/ethiopian-berbere-chickpea-pizza-with-tahini-garlic-dressing/