Chickpea Pumpkin Veggie Pizza with Basic Pizza crust. Pumpkin sauce spiced with herbs and spices, topped with spicy chickpeas, veggies, and pepita parmesan. Vegan Pizza Recipe Makes 1 medium to large pizza. 5 main ingredients – Pumpkin puree + herbs, Chickpeas + spice mix, pizza crust (storebought or homemade), veggies (optional), vegan parm or cheese.
- Prep Time20 mins
- Cook Time20 mins
- Total Time40 mins
- Calories: 315kcal
For the Pumpkin sauce:
- 3/4 cup (183.75 g) pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix, roasted butternut puree or other winter squash puree
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) sugar or another sweetener
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend or oregano + thyme + sage
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp nondairy milk optional
- a generous sprinkle of black pepper to taste
For the spiced chickpeas:
- 3/4 cup (123 g) cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/3 (0.33 ) or more salt depending on if the chickpeas were salted
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cumin powder
- ¼ to ½ tsp (1/4 to 1/2 tsp) cayenne
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) paprika
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic granules
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (0.5 tsp) lime juice
- sliced onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- mushrooms or zucchini.
- fresh basil chopped
- pepita parmesan or your favorite parm recipe
- Pizza dough – use this White garlic Crust or any of my other pizza crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc. Prep the Pizza dough according to instructions. Roll it out into a 12 to 13-inch pizza. Let the rolled-out dough sit near the warming oven for 5 minutes.
- Make the pumpkin sauce: Mix everything in a bowl until well combined. Add more salt if needed.
- Mix all the ingredients under chickpeas until well combined and all chickpeas are covered in spice.
- Spread the pumpkin sauce over the rolled-out dough evenly.
- Add a layer of sliced tomatoes, then sliced onions, and other veggies like zucchini or mushrooms if using.
- Add spiced chickpeas all over. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake for 16 to 17 minutes. Broil for a minute to brown if needed.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Add chopped fresh basil or other herbs on top. Sprinkle vegan parmesan. Let it sit for a minute, then slice and serve.
Chao cheeses work well on pizza too. Slice into thin strips and add before baking.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/chickpea-pumpkin-veggie-pizza/