BBQ Sweet Potato Pizza. Easy Summer Pizza with Sweet Potato, Corn, and Jalapeno tossed in homemade BBQ Seasoning and dressed in Barbecue sauce. Grill or bake or make into a quesadilla. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Soy-free Gluten-free option
- Prep Time15 mins
- Cook Time25 mins
- Total Time40 mins
- Calories: 124kcal
- 1 Pizza Crust (my 20 Minute Crust), or use my gluten-free crust (see Notes)
- 1 small sweet potato cubed
- 1/3 cup (54.67 g) corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 (0.5 ) onion, sliced thick
- peppers or other veggies
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup (3.36 oz) soy-free bbq sauce or other bbq sauce of choice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) each of garlic powder, oregano/parsley, ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each of onion powder, thyme, cayenne, salt, celery seed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Boil the Sweet potato and corn in a saucepan over medium heat. Add water just to cover the veggies. Boil for 5 minutes once boiling. Drain and cool for a minute then transfer to a bowl.
- Toss with onions, peppers/veggies, and 2 tbsp bbq sauce, and a good dash of black pepper.
- Shape the pizza dough into one large thin-crust pizza.
- Brush olive oil on the pizza dough. Spread Sweet potato mixture on the pizza. Add jalapeno. Sprinkle bbq seasoning all over the veggies generously. Drizzle some or all of the bbq sauce.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes. Cool for a minute. Garnish with cilantro, more bbq seasoning, and more bbq sauce if you wish. Slice and serve.
- To make this gluten-free, use any of my Gluten-free Crusts.
- Variations: Add some black beans or other beans to the pizza. Sprinkle generously with seasoning.
Reference article source: https://www.veganricha.com/bbq-sweet-potato-pizza/